Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Storytime Picnic


I have been trying to unplug us from the TV.  It seems that TV turns my child into a monster.  The ironic thing is we don't have cable or anything. We don't even have a TV hooked up.  The TV and computer get addicting and we want to try and clean our systems of it a few nights a week.  The TV shows so much violence and even the Disney movies always have someone die (or close to it).  Recently G2 has watched a few Disney movies that have scared him.  Hopefully I can find good activities and get things cleaned. 


Today when we got home I saw my son getting a blanket and putting books on it. I thought it would be a good idea to eat dinner and read stories. One of my son's favorite books is Fire! Fuego! Brave Bomberos it is in spanglish. It is about what fire fighters do.  It also gives the definitions of all the Spanish words used in the book.  G2 picked out lots of book to read, he loves Dr. Seuss, and many others. This turned out to be a lot of fun to do.  

No comments: