Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Just go to bed!



If you have ever read the little critter book "Just go to bed" you understand how true it is.  Putting children to bed can be so frustrating.  My son is adorable but he finds every excuse when it is bed time. Right when he is dressed with his teeth clean and books read, he says,"My tummy is not full".  After he eats something he then says, "I need a story".  Next he tells us, "I'm scared of the dark" with his arms huddled up next to his chest. How sweet those moments are and how frustrating.  Recently, he has wanted to sleep in our room.  We don't like him sleeping in our bed so we allow him to sleep on the floor. It is like a camping trip with his blanket and pillow. 

 Last night, he grabbed his blanket, pillow, and night light.   I love this night light, it shows stars on the ceiling and he can push the buttons to turn it on and off himself. He was so sweet laying on the floor.  Finally he fell asleep at 10 pm.  I think we need a better nighttime routine. 

No comments: