Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Long Lost Blog and the working Mom

I haven't posted in a long time. I was busy with Graduate school and moving across the country. Moving has been really good for us.  G2 and I moved 7 months before Dad could join us. It was a hard 7 months but I learned a lot from this experience. Thankfully we are all in one state now.

I learned the hardest job on earth is being a working, single mother. Everything falls onto your shoulders.  My husband would try and help but just talking on the phone was a task I couldn't do.  I would start feeling guilty about not having the perfectly clean house and eating a healthy dinner every night.  Working out takes the back burner too. I never knew how great TV was until I was alone trying to keep up with laundry and dishes.  And don't get me started on grocery shopping... it was a never ending task. What an adventure we have had!

Here are some thing I learned during this time:


  • Don't feel guilty! Seriously, Don't!
  • Hire a cleaning company to keep yourself sane.
  • Get produce delivered weekly to your home.
  • Work out over a lunch break or after the kids fall asleep. Hulu and YouTube have workout videos.
  • Dishes and Laundry can wait, when you are having fun.
  • Enjoy the time you have with your kids.
  • Take advantage of free activities, such as Lowe's build and grow.

I am so glad to have had those experiences.  I am equally as glad to be done with them.  Having two parents is no joke. There is a reason you need two to have a baby.  I can't imagine how these single mother's do this year after year. Props to you ladies!!  

No comments: